Use TFT Touchscreens for Cost Effective Product Upgrades
The ALMAX TFT touchscreen makes it possible to upgrade product functionality without re-designing the interface. The touchscreen provides increased capability while preserving the simple switch functionality of the original membrane keypad. It does this with an interface module that manages an RS-485 serial interface and graphically replicates the original keypad.
The ALMAX TFT touchscreen can be used as a drop-in replacement for an existing keypad or can be tailored to better suit product applications. The touchscreen can accommodate either multiplexed or non-multiplexed keypad configurations and it can display a range of graphic elements including graphic LEDs, button highlights and product branding.
The ALMAX TFT touchscreen delivers higher RS-485 networking capability than a traditional membrane keypad. The RS-485 bus is accessed directly, minimizing the interconnect requirements at the application board. This enables much longer cable runs and allows multiple displays to be accessed on a single RS-485 bus.
TFT Touchscreen Key Benefits
- Upgrade existing product without triggering interface re-design
- Increase keypad functionality while preserving simple user interface
- Highly customizable command interface
- Improved RS-485 networking capability
- Branding and nomenclature communicated in high resolution color
TFT Touchscreen Specifications
- Portrait or landscape orientation
- Color TFT touchscreen display
- Touch screen sizes: 1.8”, 2.4”, 3.5”, 4.3”, 5” and 7”
- On-board graphics processor and touch screen manager
- Multiplexed or non-multiplexed switch interface
- RS-485 serial interface
Your purchase order is always welcome.
For your convenience we take additional methods of payment. Our sales team can answer questions about our order process and forms of payment.