Metal Membrane Keypads for the Harshest Environments
ALMAX manufactures metal resistive membrane switches that are designed for rugged environments. The stainless steel overlay and keys can be combined with a fully sealed switching unit.
The metal membrane switching unit can be sealed against contamination including dust, water, sea water and oils. It also provides resistance against detergents and chemicals. If needed, the metal membrane switch can be designed to IP67 specifications to provide protection from even the harshest conditions.
Circuitry can be silver flex, copper flex, or rigid PCB. The force to actuate keys can be designed to activate the switch while minimizing the risk of accidental actuation.
Possible Switch Configurations
- Metal domes
- ALMAX High Life Tactile Actuators
- Tactile rubber
- Discrete LED
- If Plastic Keys are used in place of metal – can backlight laser etched icons
- Laser engraving
- Color ink fill
- Nameplate/logo integration
Metal Keypad Applications
- Oil & Gas
- Heavy Industrial
- Commercial Restaurant
- Commercial Facilities (Entry Keypads, Ticket Dispensers)
- Impact Zones Including Vandalism
- Hazardous Charge Prevention (Explosives)
- High End Consumer Goods