Graphic Overlay Design Guidelines
ALMAX EIS can provide graphic overlay design from the inside out. We can design your graphic overlay, help you fit switch electronics to your existing graphic overlay or just have one of our artists give you a fresh visual concept.
Should Your Graphic Overlay Be Screen or Digitally Printed?
There are two printing methods used to manufacture graphic overlays. Each has benefits and drawbacks. Here are a few guidelines to help you chose graphic overlay printing that best suits your situation:
- Screen printed graphic overlays are typically less expensive
- One or two color graphic overlays are typically screen printed
- For exact color matching requires screen printing
- Photo-realistic images require a digitally printed graphic overlay
- Graphic overlays with complex images are best printed digitally
- Graphic overlay prototypes are typically digitally printed
- Either method can be used for low to high volume production runs
- Either method can be used for graphic overlays for use in rugged environments
Full Service Graphic Overlay Manufacturing
ALMAX EIS began as an engineering consulting firm specializing the design of electronic interface components. Many of our customers then, as well as today, are graphic overlay printers that purchase our electronics so they can print and apply the final graphic overlay.
However our OEM customers began to demand a streamlined supply chain both for cost reduction and tighter quality control. We responded by purchasing graphic overlay printing equipment and adding graphic designers to our staff. Now our visual art team partners with our engineering teams to design complete electronic interfaces – electronics plus the graphic overlay – that look and function beautifully.
For over twenty years we have partnered with our customers to bring high quality – correctly priced – electronic switches to market. You now has the ability to source a beautiful looking and beautiful functioning switch from one supplier: ALMAX EIS.
Contact our engineering team for a complimentary design or cost review. You may find that our graphic overlay designers can save you money and help you build a higher quality, better looking product.